Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is SMS for Salesforce? What are the functions provided?
To add a new "SMS for Salesforce" is an application listed on the Salesforce App Exchange. "SMS for Salesforce" allows users to send and receive SMS easily in Salesforce.
2. Can I schedule a demo?
3. Besides send SMS manually, can "SMS for Salesforce" send SMS automatically?
Yes. It supports Salesforce Workflow Rules and Process Builders. Sending an SMS can be configured as a Workflow Action.
4. Our business logic to trigger an SMS is quite complicated. What can we do?
5. Can I send SMS with my own SMS service provider through SMS for Salesforce?
Yes. Please contact us for more details.
6. Can I send SMS from any custom object record in Salesforce?
Yes, SMS can be sent from any standard/custom object in Salesforce.
7. Can I see historical data of SMS sent by my Salesforce.org?
Yes, all SMS sent through the Salesforce.org can be seen by navigating to 'SMS Message' tab.
8. How do I get notified of any SMS sent by my customers to me?
All SMS sent to the mobile number of your service will be routed to your salesforce org. You can set up email alert or popup notification (Standard salesforce feature for lightning) for related recipients.
9. How do I know if SMS is sent successfully?
You can see the status of sent SMS as 'Success' in SMS Message record created for each SMS sent. You can find the record under related list of the corresponding record through which SMS is sent.
10. Can I include dynamic data related to record like, name of account, opportunity amount, recipient name, etc in the SMS template?
Yes, SMS template can decode merge fields to retrieve the related record data while sending sms.
11. Can I schedule the SMS in my Salesforce.org?
Yes, you can create time based workflow action or scheduled action in process builder to send SMS as per time schedule based on your business process need.
12. Are there per-SMS charges for using 'SMS for Salesforce' app?
Yes, every SMS sent through the salesforce environment will be chargeable. For pricing of each SMS, please refer www.unionsofthk.com/pricingwithsms
13. How many SMS can we send in a day?
There is no limit on number of SMS sent in a day for the 'SMS For Salesforce' app. Though as each SMS is a callout, Salesforce's standard limit of maximum number of callouts in 24 hours will be applicable.
14. Can I send SMS to multiple recipients at a time?
You can send SMS through list view on Contact and lead. You can select multiple Leads/contact and send SMS to all selected recipients in single click.
15. Can I configure sending automatic SMS through Salesforce?
Yes, you can configure sending automatic SMS through salesforce using workflow/process builder same as you do for salesforce out-of-box email alert feature.